Sunday, March 30, 2008

Chicks with Sticks

This was our big weekend.

It was just going to be two normal pratices (Drafts), just with coaches watching us. Then it got a little strange. I was approached about being goalie because my son is also a goalie. I didn't even think and said "yes, I would be goalie". I didn't have on goalie gear, but I went out there and tried. It wasn't that bad until out of nowhere comes Dawn! "She Shoots, She Scores"! I could block everyone else, just not Dawn she smoked me!

The Day two:

I dressed in the goalie gear and was dead tired before I even got on the ice. Not so bad today, the team I was on won 2 to 1. Yes, I only let in ONE! I really liked it. However, I think I lost 10 pounds in sweat. I had sweat dripping in my eyes, down my back, you name it it was sweating. Other then that I loved it.

We waited around after the practice to see what team we were on and to get the plan of how things were going to go down. Dawn, Jessica and I are all on the same team. YAY!!

Today we have our draft for the Bay City league. I'll play goalie on that team as well:)

6 comments:

Dawn said...

OMG what a fun weekend! You are an AWESOME goalie! Our team is so going to ROCK!

Jill said...

I hope we ROCK I'm SCARED!!

Julie said...

What time is that game girls?? Will I be too busy coaching, thus can't see the awesome chicks with sticks?? I am just afraid these girls are just so hot they'll melt the ice! :-)

Jill said...

The game will be April 19th at 4pm I believe. We are HOT aren't we!)

Dawn said...

The game I believe is from 7-9. Tommy's team plays before us at 5:45 but he probably won't be there.

And we know you are hot, wringing wet after every practice now Cujo.

Jill said...

Thanks on the time fix Dawn. I was not sure.

I'm sure I look and and smell really hot.