Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Catching up!

The kids have a full week off from the hockey hustle and bustle. However, I have been going strong.

I seem to have caught an upper respiratory infection, but this will not keep me down.
We had our first hockey clinic in Saginaw on Friday. They taught us how to fall, then get up, while moving followed by a scrimmage. What fun:) On Sunday we will skate in Saginaw again.
After my short visit to the ER, I can't miss the hockey (I'm a die hard now!), so I skated at the Sunday clinic. (I did sit a lot Mike, ask Dawn.) We are getting better each time we skate.

We also had a Spirit game Sunday that all the staff from St. Elizabeth had tickets to attend. The Spirit won in a shoot out 4-3.

Monday I figured even if I'm sick I should go to work since I did not take off hockey all weekend, plus I have hockey on Monday nights. (The rule in the house is if you miss school / work NO HOCKEY.) I did not miss hockey. Boy was I glad I went or else I would not be able to say now "SHE SHOOTS SHE SCORES!!!!!!" Yes I did! Finally I scored my first ever goal. YAY!!

I also found a new friend out there skating with us last night. Jessica is skating with us on Mondays. She did a great job for the first time in hockey gear. For those that don't know Jessica, she is my oldest son's girlfriend. I think she will soon be a die hard as well!

Today is a new day and the Hockey thing is taking its toll, I'm sicker then ever and now have been Diagnosed with pneumonia when I went to see my family physician. Nothing medication can't fix. (Really I'm resting now!!)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Hockey & pneumonia! Hmmm...what a combo. Congrats on your goals yesterday! You ROCKED!