Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Chicks with Sticks

OK, Its needs to be told "I have a secret dream to be a hockey stopping Momma!"

Today was the start of my dream. I'm not stopping at all, however I was skating. I think we looked great if I do say so myself (Dawn and I).

The day started with me trying on hockey equipment. I arrived at work and Dawn had done the same thing. There was definitely anticipation in the air. I was excited until I got to the ice arena, then I was so nervous, I thought I was going to be sick. When we got out there, we were all in the same boat. For the most part none of us were pros. After about 10 minutes I needed my inhaler, after that I seemed to relax and it was great. I can't wait until next Monday!

Here are some pictures of Dawn and myself. I need Joe to show me how to make a slide show! Until then here they are:

8 comments:

Jill said...

The third picture down is what happens when your camera is on video and you save it as a jpeg.

Dawn said...

Ah, great pics Jill. What an action video. I thought it was all the same pic. I guess I was moving pretty slow there. ;) The one with you and your inhaler is hilarious.

Sheri said...

Jill -

You guys were troopers. I'm looking forward to many more fun Monday nights. We'll have to practice stopping at the public skates on Sundays!

Jill said...

Sounds good Sheri. Thanks for your help!

Dawn said...

Do these pants make me look fat?

Jill said...

NO, those pants make your body look really small! Little person in big clothes.

Julie said...

I thought the big pants made Dawn look younger. Not that you girls would know the comedian Lily Tomlin sitting in the oversize rocking chair as a little girl: that's what I thought of when I saw Dawn in the really big looking outfit: a little girl in adult clothes.

Dawn said...

Hey I know Lily Tomlin! 9 to 5 is one of my favorite movies, but I'm drawing a blank on the rocking chair.