Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Welcome, Elden Ray !!!

What a great night!
Yesterday Tiffany and I headed up to Hurley Medical Center about 6ish!
My sister was having contraction every 2 minutes, and was comfortable. The contractions were progressing but she was not dilating. She had her last dose of medication a 10:00pm, so they were ready to move things a long. She was given some pitocin and they just kept increasing the amount they gave her. About 2am she was starting to get uncomfortable and was given an Epidural. About 3:15 we were all stretching our legs and getting Jan some candy form the vending machine, when we stepped back in the room they said here comes the baby. Tiffany & I stepped out and Mom and Jody stayed in. I told Tiffany she could push for a long time, there maybe a long wait yet. We decided to just to walking passed the room and the door was open a little and we heard Elden start to cry @ 3:25. They let Tiffany into the room, she was able to meet the baby when he was less then 2 minutes old. The baby came so fast that some of the group missed the whole thing, as they had not returned for getting snacks!


We are waiting

and waiting!

OK, here he comes!!!

Does Aunt Jan still want her candy?

He is perfect!!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

congrats on the new baby Aunt Jill! What a wonderful joy. What was the weight, and the lenght?

Dawn said...

Awe, congratulations Aunt Nerda! (is it ok that I call you that) ;)

I'm glad she had a great delivery and you all got to meet him so quickly. Such exciting times! He looks so precious!

Jill said...

Lisa,
I forgot to add that!duh!!
9 pounds 7 ounces, 21 inches
born at 3:23!!!!

Dawn, Yes you may call me that.
It fits, and Mike agrees!!

Amy said...

Jill,
Yeah!!! Great pictures, so cool that you guys could be right there! Now the fun begins, I love spoiling my nieces and nephews:)

Jill said...

Amy, I agree thats the best part!

Dawn said...

OMG he was huge!!! Amazing job by your sister! Wow!

sherri and Adam said...

Congratulations Aunt Jill...He is adorable!!! Big boy too.. wow