Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Chicks in the City (day one)

Where do I start?

We could start with the Mc Donald's, the coupon, no boarding passes, the taxi crash, no reservations or just skip to the good stuff. I'll skip to the good stuff!!

We got into New York and met up with some friends for some lunch. I don't remember the name of the place but it reminded me of a flea market. What a busy place.

We left there and got on a Double Decker bus.


This was a great choice. We were able to travel all over New York with a tour guide. On our first day we were able to see Central Park, the Empire State Building, Time Square, Chinatown, do some shopping and got to go to a neat restaurant (Plataforma) for dinner.
New York was amazing, everything was so neat. My neck hurts from looking up at everything.

By the time we got back to our hotel I laid down and I was a sleep before the others were even in bed.

Amy and Dawn were good guides. They made sure Lupe and I were able to see everything, while still being able to experience getting turned around and walking slightly further then we needed for each destination.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Woot! Awesome tell of Day 1!! And great pics! Can't wait to hear more. I will have to update mine from Toronto, didn't have a chance last night.

Amy said...

McDonald's, coupon? What am I forgetting? You are leaving people hanging:) Where is the picture of your eye? It is priceless:) Thanks for the great Day 1 recap!!

Julie said...

Sounds like it was quite the 'up' lifting experience. Can't wait to read day 2.

Jill said...

Amy,
I thought if I left people hanging you guys would write about it!!!
McDonald's on the way down, forgot our straws and I had to go up to the drive through window to get them. The coupon for the hotel in Detroit was expired. We had to go and pay for the room after we were already in bed. How can you forget that?