Thursday, June 5, 2008

See what I got!

Saturday May 31st my hubby turned 39 years young. For his birthday we got him a softball mitt and a pair of cleats. He has needed them for a while as we play on a coed softball league. Last year his mitt was to small and he didn't have cleats.

On Sunday we had our first softball game, which ended in a 15- 0 win for the Stockmeyer Sod Farm powerhouse (our team, not so much of a powerhouse though). The game got off to a slow start but Lance cleared the left field fence for a 3 run home run that started our 10 run 2nd inning. I think it was an inning or so later my hubby comes to the plate with 2 runners on. Mike hit an IN THE PARK 3 run home run!!! This is a big deal as dust tends to settle faster than my hubby can run! This is in no way an exaggeration. Those new cleats made him as fast as lightning! Nathan hit and in the park home run as well. We were on fire! Dawn caught a high fly ball in right center that she even had to reach for! Curtis Granderson couldn't have done any better! Everyone did such a great job. I hope the rest of the games go as well as our first. Guess we will find out this Sunday.

Back to Saturday.
My sister Janette had her baby shower. My mom and dad came down from Traverse City. Here we are again with all the sisters together. It was beautiful weather, a little windy but still a beautiful day. I wanted a picture of all the sisters together and this what I got.
The Butt Sisters from left to right: Donna, Me, Janette, Mom and Jody.
And here are the Next generation of Butts!

From left to right: Tiffany, Audrey, Destiny, Megan and Amelia.

After the shower we were all still in the baby mode so we stopped at Jody's house to see their baby bunnies. They were more in the picture mood then the rest of us, see what I got:


Wednesday, Tiffany had her 8th grade dance. My mom and I went shopping for a dress on Saturday. She was so beautiful. To put it in perspective, to catch Tiffany in a dress would be like catching Joe without his Blackberry. It.... just..... doesn't....happen!! So I thought pictures would be a good idea, however Tiffany disagreed and this is what I got.



After such a great week I'm feeling quite sad. I know this sounds strange but things are starting to hit home. My oldest son is in his new house, my Taylor is going to be a senior in high school and my Tiffany is going into High school. They are all growing up so fast. I think now I'm beginning my midlife crises, see what I get!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

No no Jill, these are the best days of your life! No sap allowed. :)

LOVED the BUTT PICS!!! That was great.

And Tiffany! She looks beautiful! She should dress up more often!

P.S. Go Hat Chicks tomorrow, Sod Farm Sunday, and Blue Angels Monday! ;)

Amy said...

Jill,
Mike did do awesome last Sunday, can you get me some of those cleats?

Love the pictures of you with your family:)

Tiffany is so beautiful, she will knock 'em dead!!

I'll have that midlife crisis with you in a couple of years, if you can wait:)

Julie said...

OMG!! that Tiffany is just so beautiful in her dress. Where did that come from? One day, young girl, star hockey player and the next - one foot in the door, ready for high school. Happens right before our eyes and way before we are ready for it.

Jill said...

Life just keeps going even if we are not ready!
Amy, I'll try and wait for you!)