Monday, July 28, 2008

RELAX





Off to Traverse City to relax. Tiffany and I thought we would get away for a couple of days and go to my parents house.

We arrived about 3:00pm on Friday. We decided to go to the Music Fest in Traverse City. The people in town were a little wild. At one point I thought I was back in New York. There were people in strange clothes, from pig suites to underwear. There was even a bubble blower in the street. After some great music and good food to bed we go.

While in bed at 3ish in the morning the dog starts to bark. Clearly try to tell us about something, we just wanted her to stop barking. she continued to let us know for a while longer that something was no good outside. (to be continued....)

Saturday we got up early so we could go to the Farmers Market and garage sales. Before we left we loaded a cooler and walked out by the garage (that my parents are building).
Then the rest of the story....
Their lays a dead rabbit that a bobcat must have caught at about 3ish in the morning. Poor thing, after a small funeral we hope the poor rabbit is resting in peace.

At the sale we found some great deals. I bought this cute tepee for work, and a floating cooler for enjoyment.

On one of the roads we went down there was the coolest street sign. No one would believe me if I told you about so I took a picture.

Now that we had a floating cooler it had to be tested, so we went tubing. What a trip!

There is always something with the Brethauer's. We took two cars so we would have one car where we got in the river and we would park one car at the end where we would get out of the river. Low and behold there was a snag in that great idea. Dad locked his keys and wallet in the car at the beginning of our trip and his van was the one at the end. At least we were able to get in the van so we would not have to carry the tubs, however we did have to walk back to the start so we could get the keys.

After tubbing it was just a day to chill out, a few yard games, barbecue, ice cream and a nice walk so Tiffany could ride her scooter. I love these kinds of days, fun filled but not exhausting.

Sunday rolled around fast, it seemed like we just arrived and it is time to go home.

We ended up going to Aden a little city out side of Travers City for and Art fair type thing, that was over before we arrived. So we did a little shopping in there little shops. I found the collest flip flop ever (Twice)! The first coolest ever were called Switch Flops and the second pair were call Hotflops. (Check out the links and guest witch pair of sportsflops Tiff ordered.)
Then to finish our small road trip, we stop at some little parks just to see if they were worth retuning to in the future and then to Tiff's favorite restaurant (bd's Mongolian Barbeque).
The Dog liked the Bessy River the Best and looks forward to returning soon.

After such a great weekend of no stress, I returned home to a dryer that will not turn on.
So I started my week with the thing I like to do best, fix something with my husband. When it comes to working together Mike and I are always like oil and water. No matter how much you work it, it just does not come together. However after lot of hatefulness I have a working dryer!

Calgone take me away!


6 comments:

Dawn said...

Sounds like a very relaxing yet eventful weekend! Glad you were able to get away. Love all the pics. The hockey crossing sign was very cool.

The poor rabbit burial was cute too.

Thanks for sharing.

P.S. Glad you and Mike somehow got the dryer fixed without any physical injuries intentional or not. ;)

Amy said...

Love the pics of you and Tiffany by the river! Glad you had a nice weekend with family.

Wonder what the true meaning of the road sign is?

A dead rabbit picture, I shouldn't be surprised after NYC, huh.

Dennis and I are like oil and water too, in stressful situations. He always ends up saying you were right or liking what I wanted done:)

Lisa said...

Jill, sounds like you had a very nice weekend with parents and tif. A great way to relax. On the river tubing. We used to do that alot. Besides the rabbit, sounds like all went well. The pics are great.

Julie said...

Beautiful pictures of you and Tiffany by the river. You truly have the eye for good shots.
R U sure the girl is in her underwear? Methinks it was a bathing suit. Not that it doesn't deserve to be covered up as well, but just thinking.
As for the rabbit burial - only Jill. We all have our gifts.

Jill said...

Dawn we were close to physical injury. If I could have shut him in the drier, I would have at one point!

That poor Rabbit!

Amy
Its strange how a couple can do somethings great together and others just aren't happening.

I like that picture too.

Lisa we did have a get time, just wish I could do it more often.

Julie I think it was most likely a bathing suit, however Tiffany thinks underwear cuz they were vary see through!
I did spare you all the yucky pictures of the rabbit, poor thing!

Lisa said...

Happy friendship day