Monday, March 23, 2009

Our last day on the prairie (spelling Corrections made)

As you have all been able to tell, Friday I went up to visit my Mom & Dad. We arrived about 7pm. they had know idea we were coming so it was a nice surprise.
Saturday morning we woke up to find that not only had it snowed but the water pump had broke. (so no water!) My Dad tends to be Mr. Fix it, so by 10:30 we had water and went out for the day.

Sunday morning comes and we know we have to leave at some point. which stinks!
We started out our day with a walk around the yard. We found several signs of spring, animals and just had a nice walk.
Then we thought we would continue our nature theme and take a scenic drive. About ten minutes in Tiffany said look at all of the pop bottles everywhere. So we started to pick them up. We collected over $4 in bottles.

This was defiantly an animal filled weekend. We saw so many different animals dead and alive.

Which brings me to our ride home:(

As we were driving on M 115 there were three little beagles playing in the road. We were going up a hill an saw it coming but there were cars on both sides going 60 mph. Then it happen the van in front of us hit one of the dogs.
I was screaming "don't look", Tiff was Scream "he hit him". I had to stop it was still alive!
The man that hit the dog did come back. We moved the dog out of the road. Then tried to figure out what to do with it, cuz he was still moving. After about 15 minutes the dog got up, still hurt bad as he was hit in the head. (No blood!) He was tiring to walk straight but going to the left. After a few more minute the dog wanted to leave so we guided him a crossed the road, where we could see a house. As we are trying to get the dog not to follow me back to my car out of know where a deer leaps over the two of us! (Holly Crap) So I went back to my car to calm my Tiff and head home, while the other man took the dog to the house (I hope).

The rest of the ride home was silent!! What an awful thing to watch!!

I will let you know that it would have been awful if I had hit that dog, for both myself and my parents. I would have put that dog in my car and went back!! He was so cute!



4 comments:

Julie said...

How awful about seeing the dog get hit. Just awful. Beagles are so cute but not very trainable. So sad.
Ah - on another note having just ate a delicious dinner and then watched your slide show of 'poop' and dead skunks! UGH! Thanks for the reality slide show. :-)

Amy said...

Holy cow, what a weekend! What an awful thing to see, that dog! As much as I'm not an animal person, I couldn't imagine seeing one get hit by a car.

Jill said...

Sorry Julie it has been a long time since I took good pictures.

Amy it was a holy cow moment with the dog!

Lisa said...

what a weekend you and Tif had...some great memories and some not so great ones. I hope Tif is doing better. Hard to see something like that. I am glad you got to go and see your parents and to surprise them was even better!!