Thursday, March 12, 2009

Crazy Friday!

This morning I had to work at 6:30. When I made my daily stop at Sunoco for a Coke. My Truck was covered in oil. It was dripping from all four wheel wells.
So I took it to Reese Muffler and walked over to work. I was so scared that they were going to say I burned up the motor.
But when he called an said "Jill, it is oil all over your truck, but it is not yours!" I was so relieved!

Today was our Birthday - Last supper

We went to Red Lobster for Birthday Dinner for Sue. It was also Dawn's last supper before the new baby. We all forgot our Lobster hats from last year so no good pictures. I do have to say, it will be our last group trip to Red Lobster. They changed there menu and there is nothing Amy likes on it now. So until they put her chicken dinner back on we will go else where.

After dinner I had a 7:11 spirit game that I made it to at 7:11!! (they won!) I drop Tiff off and went to Taylor's game.

Taylor had a hockey game at 7:45. (they lost) He had a great game.

Steve had a game at 10:10. (they won) Steve scored, even being sick!

I love hockey but tonight was busy.

Please pray for my friend Dawn. She will be delivering her baby in the morning. I pray she can be conscious for the birth and for a healthy baby.

Loving God, Your love for us is like that of a mother, and You know the hard joy of giving birth. Hold the hand of Your servant Dawn now and keep her safe; put Your own Spirit into her very breathing and into the new baby, for whom we wait with awe and hope. We ask this through Christ Our Lord. Amen.

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Awe Jill, that was so sweet. What a nice prayer. God will definitely see me through this and the next how ever many days of my life. What an exciting one today though.

I had a good time at dinner. Joe was picking me up there at 7:20 we were having such a good time chatting. I'm not too hungry this morning so that big meal may have saved me. Dying of thirst though. :(

Glad you dodged the oil bullet too. That would have been horrid!

And it sounds like the perfect end to the perfect day is a day for hockey. ;)

Thanks again for the prayers, we'll keep everyone posted.

Jill said...

Dawn I was so praying you would get a little girl.
I so happy for your family!!

Julie said...

Crazy Friday title had me thrown since the events all happened on Thursday!! Friday the 13th, today, took a life of it's own didn't it?

Unknown said...

Glad you didn't haven anything too serious wrong with your car!

Sorry about Red Lobster, my steak was yucky:( Maybe we can lobby for the Aztec Chicken to come back!

Friday was a crazy day and I will always remember the way I found out Dawn had a girl! You made it special for me and I thank you for that! You and Dawn are two of the best friends anyone could ever have! Thank you, thank you for making sure I knew right away and making me feel special:)

Julie said...

I vote you protest over Red Lobster no Aztec chicken and switch to Olive Garden for the next 'birthday' dinner. I really must attend this event next time. Sounds like I missed out on good times with GREAT people.

Unknown said...

hilarious profile picture, Julie:)