Friday, August 14, 2009

Today started with Tiffany and I taking a walk in the garden. While we were outback I noticed a Morning Dove under the little kids Jeep. Tiffany was not having any part of getting close to it. She did not want to get bit or scare it. So she took the camera and I decided to come up from behind the Jeep, to see how close to the bird I could get. To our surprise the bird did not move. I was able to touch it and then go get some seeds and touch it again.
We went to a yard sale and came back to see if it was still their. It was gone, so I figured it had the wind knocked out of it, and needed to regroup. Thus allowing us to get close, otherwise I have know idea why it did not fly away.




We

4 comments:

Dawn said...

You need your own up close with nature show. You're so darn brave. Glad the bird was eventually ok.

Jill said...

Me too. I was worried and my Mom was planing a burial when we returned.

Unknown said...

Holy cow!! You are so much more brave than me! I would be afraid the bird would attack me:)

Jill said...

Amy, Tiffany was so scared, she's like "give me the camera, so I can take a picture of the bird poking you."