Saturday, April 4, 2009

This has been a long weekend and I needed a pick me upper!!

My dog ate my money!
I lost my son's house key!
I killed our last fish! (So I thought!)

Let me start with the key. I'm watching my son Steve's dog, so I went and got her (the dog) from his house after work on Friday. While I was there I left something of mine in his house and needed to go back and get it. To my surprise I can't find the key. I left it on the bathroom sink, I know I did. (Does this sound familiar? Well I'm sure my damn dog didn't eat the key.) So after I looked for over an hour and I called my children several times asking if they moved it. Taylor comes home and says I think I took it, sure enough he has that stupid key!! I swear I lose my keys more then anyone, I know, I don't need any help from my kids!!

Now let my tell you my fish story. Tiffany has lost about 10 fish this year, they just keep dieing. So we have one left, a big beautiful shark. Well Friday night before we go to bed Tiff yells "Mom look at my shark!" It is floating upside down, but you could see that it was still alive. (Not for long!) So we call Mike and ask him what we should do. He says "Have a fish sandwich, or flush it!) So Tiffany and I decide that we will flush it, so it does not suffer any longer. You will not believe this, but it will not fit down the toilet!! I flushed twice and that thing was not going down. So now what?? I can't put it in the trash it's breathing!! I put it back in the tank and tell Tiff we will have a funeral in the morning and bury him!! Well I get up this morning and that fish is not dead. It is swimming around like nothing happened. (I do need professional help!) I go to the fish store and tell them what happened and they tell me, "Oh no, Sharks play dead when they are stressed." So sure enough my water is making him stressed. All I have to do is empty half the tank, put fresh water in, and it's good to go!

You all know about the poopy money and I don't think you need to hear more on that!

So needless to say I'm being pushed over the edge. I needed something to either push me over the edge or bring me back on solid ground, so I thought I would cut my hair off. Here are before and after pictures. I'm not sure if this helped or not I still have one more day left until the weekend is over!

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Your haircut is adorable! And better yet, hopefully it saved your sanity. You know bad things come in 3's. You had your three bads.

Loved the pic above of Jayda. Too cute!

Julie said...

OMG! What a 1/2 weekend you've had. I agree with Dawn! I love the haircut.
May the rest of the weekend be quiet but watch out for the snow flakes Monday enroute to work!

Julie said...

stressed fish?! for real?

Unknown said...

Wow! Love it! Did you cut your own hair? Such a talented person you are:)

Never knew fish to play dead before. By the time we find our fish floating upside down, their bodies are half eaten!

Need some retail therapy for that stress? Do I hear Somerset in the immediate future?

Jill said...

Dawn I do like the cut. I was even able to style it today and that is the big test.

Julie so far so good, nothing has gone wrong yet. Mike is so up set about the snow. (It's my fault I put our shovels and Steve's away for the year!)
As for the Fish, can you believe that!! His is doing great, the water changed seems to be working.

Amy, no I did not cut my hair, however I have been known to give myself a trim.

Retail therapy does sound good. My reason for needing to go down there has been solved, but it would hurt to go anyways!

sherri and Adam said...

Cute hair cut! The poop story was too much and I honestly didn't even know what to say....LOL

As for the fish (shark) story...very true, they do get stressed. Drew has had 2 sharks for 2 years now, and until we learned much more about them and their water we struggled a lot too. Although we didn't almost flush one, we did learn they get stressed. The fish store in Zilwakee is amazing at ansering any fish questions we've ever had! Bryce has 3 cat fish and they are pretty much the same way. We started with sharks for Drew but other fish for Bryce and having well water, we lost many of the small fish and had to find something a bit tougher (cat fish) and now we seem to be doing pretty good! I do have some things I have to put in their water once a month but we never change half their water anymore....this stuff seems to help a lot. Anyways....gl with the shark!

Lisa said...

Like the cut Jill. Looks cute on ya!