Tuesday, July 6, 2010

SURPRISE!

Here is how my Thursday was planned.

I had to work from 6:30 to 1:30, clean house, do laundry, pack for up north, make a list for the pet sitter, hope to go to doctors, take Taylor to work, eat super and go to sleep early because I have been feeling under the weather. With all of this to do, of course I leave work late, get stuck by a 15 minute train, and in the process of sitting there waiting the doctor calls. They need to see me right away. I call Mike and tell him I will be late getting home.

At the Doctor's office I find out I'm taking medication that is causing my sinuses to swell, making me sick. He gives me a shot, 3 prescriptions, and an over the counter pill.

Now I'm way behind on getting my list finished before I collapse.

I rush home and Mike is mowing the lawn, so I go in and make a list, start laundry, take Tay to work and head to Walmart. It took what seemed a life time at Walmart to get my prescriptions filled. So I thought I would be productive and plan supper. I'm going to grab steak and a marinade, so we can just grill and eat.

When I go to pay for everything I notice that the pills the doctor tells me to by over the counter is $20 for thirty days and I could get it for $4.95 with a prescription because my insurance will cover it. So I call the Doctor and have them call it in and now I have to wait another 45 minutes.

So Tiffany and I run home, put the groceries away and start to marinate the steak and chop food for up-north as well as for dinner. I remember that we had just recently ran out of propane for the grill so now we have to get that before we can eat.

(I know I'm babbling but with reason it was an eventful day.)

By this time we have to go get the prescriptions, fill up the gas for the grill, and oh I forgot I bought the first bottle of pills so I do have to return it before we leave Walmart for the second time. (And the returns line was huge!) I can almost see supper on the table when Tiffany says Lauren wants me to come by and look over what she has packed and if its the right stuff for up-north. I'm thinking "Are you kidding me!". I tell Tiffany to call Amy and make sure I have to do this, cuz I think Amy should know what is ok, but no, Amy tells Tiffany that it would be better if I would just double check.

So we decide to stop on our way home from the store. As I'm getting out of the car I see that Mike stayed put so I say to Mike "Come on in and make sure Lauren has the right underwear packed!" As I walk in the door I hear a lound "SURPRISE!" and low and behold they all got me!

The big 40 birthday did not go unnoticed.

I got several wonderful gifts, had a lot of great company and wonderful food. (while the steak I was marinating sat on the counter getting warm!)
By the way I also had the greatest B-Day cakes! I will have to post pictures later, because I did not have a camera.

Thank you all:
Dennis, Amy, Lauren, & Emily
Joe, Dawn, Tommy, Austine, & Ashley
Paul & Lisa
Paul O
Mike, Steve, Taylor, & Tiffany
Jeremie
Lupe
Susie
Kristine

3 comments:

Dawn said...

hehe Happy 40th Birthday Nerda. I'm afraid you're officially old now. ;)

Glad we could be a part of your special birthday.

Julie said...

What a great surprise. Sneaky but good friends. Know there were others that couldn't be there (but knew and didn't tell!)and are very happy you had a surprising 40th birthday!

Unknown said...

So, sorry we had to ruin your "planning":) I'm glad we got ya and that you were a good sport about it!!

Happy 40th to one very special person!!