Sunday, July 18, 2010

Cedar point

Woohoo, the long awaited trip to cedar point has arrived and so has the heat.
We were on the road by 6:30am on Thursday the 15th of July, and arrived to Dawn's disappointment 1 minute after the had park opened. However the ride down there was entertaining. I'm sure my children will be talking about Dawns iphone music for years to come. As well as the singing that came from the front of the van that provented everyone from sleeping except Audrey.

Well standing in one of the lines for a water ride, a group of girls changed there minds and were jumping the fence to get out of line. When one of the girls fell face first onto the ground. Her poor face swelled up so fast. As we were trying to find someone to help, she ended up passing out. What a sad situation, a group of 16 year olds at the park with no parents and a freak accident ruins there trip.

As for our group it was a great trip I think all of the kids enjoyed there time at the park. Steve ran out of energy shortly after lunch and was ready to sleep for the first time in 36 hours. However the rest of us were energized after a snack and ready to hit the rides. We left the park at about 9:10 and were on the road by 9:45 after most of us changed our clothes and ate a sandwich.

It was Mikes turn to drive and all seemed to be going well until a group of semis caused me to have a little anxiety. So Dawn and Amy got to see and hear my Hic-a-burps in action. (I'm so glad I did not vomit!) Althought it sounds funny to others it sucks for me.

We arrived home in good spirits and tired.

Here are a few pics of our trip, not many pictures were taken due to the heat the camera was left in the van after lunch. I was replaced by frozen water.


Audrey slept the whole way.
Dawn the walking jukebox

Amy at the controls of the iphone

Taylor enjoying Stroke it! LOL

Steve and Tiffany wondering when they will hear a song from at least the 90's.
Maxair




Roller coarsters












Dawn and Amy thanks for helping to make our vacation a great one.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jill and family,
Thanks for encouraging me (us) to come with you guys! I haven't had a blast at Cedar Point for quite some time. We had fun from start to finish!!

Also, thanks for looking out for me and making sure I'm good! I love you guys!!

Julie said...

Sounds like a great, long, hot day with no rain? but fun with family and friends.

Jill said...

Loved having you guys there, Amy.

Thanks Julie it was defiantly hot, and fun!)

Dawn said...

WooHoo!! I lurve me some Cedar Point action.

Kudos to you guys for putting up with us and I'd like the record to state that some of my IPhone music was downloaded in my younger and crazier years. ;)

Thanks again for having us and I'm glad you didn't vomit either. You laughed through the whole hic-a-burp fiasco.