Saturday, April 24, 2010

Strange neighbor

I do have one of the worst neighbors (TONY). He is confrontational and doesn't understand that his opinion is not fact, he talks to everything (Yes I did mean thing, like grass, trees, fences, flags everything).

He has been fling his USA flag up side down sense 1991. I understand that it is his right to do this as a way of his freedom of speech. But seriously how long is it going to take him to figure out that no one cares about why he is doing it, we just want it flipped over.

While in one of my fits of rage toward this issue, Mike says "You ask the tough questions, TV 5 gets the tough answers." I took that as he was telling me to contact them, so I did. (Apparently he was being funny!)

I emailed TV 5 at 2pm on Thursday the 22nd of April and at 3pm the same day I had a response. I really did not think they would even give my story a first look more less a second. To my surprise Friday the 23rd of April they tell me they will be at my house and the story will be on the 11 O'clock news. All I could think is what is this man going to do now. What have I done.
TV5 came and it went well, they talked with us, a few other neighbors and Tony's mother. Tony was not home, so it was not as bad as I thought it could be. Until one of the other neighbors went and got Tony and brought him home.
All I can say is what an idiot!!!!!!







3 comments:

Unknown said...

One of the things I love about you, you stand up for what you believe in! Good job, Jill!

Dawn said...

Too crazy! You look good on the news. The kids were excited to see you on there.

I'm sure the guy won't change his ways but it was cool to see it all out there. Good for you and good for tv-5 getting involved.

Jill said...

Thank you gals. I'm going to try to mellow out with my mouth and action in the future. That was stressful. Your right Dawn he will not change.
Thank you Amy, I'm not sure that is a good thing all the time.