Monday, May 25, 2009

Taking sponsorships for pro fishing career

I do not want to spoil the next blog on the page, so this blog was my day that happened in the middle of said next post.

To anyone out there who may want to hand out some cash for some sponsorships or paying for fishing tips contact me here!

Jill was out fishing at my dads which she truly enjoys. She started the afternoon by baiting her hook with a night crawler so she could catch a bait fish (a 6"-10" bass) and use it to hopefully land one of big bass that inhabit my dads lake. After catching some 8"-11" Bluegill, she finally caught the bait fish she was looking for. About an 8" bass dangled on the hook. She unhooked it, rehooked it through the back, attached a bobber and strolled out to land the big one and retain the lake record.

Jill tends to have pretty good luck. This was not one of those days. She casted and casted and casted and casted and.... you get the point. Nothing. No bites, no close calls, nothing.

Tiffany was away for the weekend with Jill's sister Jody in Traverse City at their parents. Tiff had called and said she was close to home, so Jill chose to go back home, pick her up and bring her to my parents. I suggested to take her pole and in good faith, keep trying. She handed me the pole and walked away. While getting further away, she turned and quietly said "Just throw the bait back, its almost dead anyways." I exclaimed I would valiantly keep trying to catch that fish that was eluding her all day. ( Although my plan was to throw the pole in, let her get out of the driveway, reel it in and be done, she wouldn't know I did not stick with it =D )

I was beginning to flip the bale when she turned again and said " You forgot how to do it didn't you!" Now, I had not forgotten, but alas was just admiring the fine workmanship of the reel.

I took a fine cast 10 yards or so off shore. The bait settled into the water, the bobber gracefully landed and set up beautifully on the cool water. The fish floundered around, barely, and the thought crossed my mind that this poor fish has taken the ultimate sacrifice, not to become food for a monster fish, but instead fertilizer for some plant in the woods when I heave it when I reel in. Only moments had passed after setting the bail..... everything disappeared! The bobber takes off.... I set the hook and start reeling in slowly. I yell for Jill, in hopes she has not left yet as she would not believe I had caught this myself, on her pole, with her bait that she has miserably failed at.


Take a look at my prize possesion! Over 22" of fine meat (dont get to excited Amy) and 14" around the belly! It is my biggest fish ever.



Sponsorships incoming....

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Nice big fish!! Wow!! Poor Jill, it was all her bait work Mike.

Jill said...

Dawn I was not happy! Mind you the man has not touched a pole in over a year!!!!
But it is a nice fish!

Julie said...

That is one big fish!! What is with the hemostats on the shirt sleeve though?

Jill said...

We use those to get the hooks out of the fish. They work great and if the fish swallows the hook we can still get out the hook without killing the fish.

Julie said...

In reviewing the post, I see a picture of Jill off to the side with a fish. Looks like the same fish but with another year of good eating. What is the chance?

Unknown said...

Okay, now who says I like meat? I could go for a long time w/out meat;) I think that was your wife who brought up the whole meat thing!

I'm gonna have to start calling you the "Fish Thief" now! Nice catch!!

Jill said...

Amy, I think Mike was hoping his second wife had a liking for big meat!
And he is a Fish Thief!!