Thursday, April 10, 2008

Radio News

Just filling you all in on some strange events I've had over the past month.

I pick my children up from school 4 days a week. I pick Taylor up first from Heritage, then we go to White Pine to get Tiffany. Taylor and I have to wait about 20 minutes in the car before Tiffany gets out of school. While waiting, we of course listen to the radio. During this time everyday the DJ's ask a question and listeners call in with their answers. Over the past 3 years we have tried to win various prizes by calling in to the station with our answers. Seems we either know the answer and cannot get in, or get through, but have the incorrect answer. However about 2 weeks ago we knew the answer and the first time I dialed I got through. (We won!) We got 4 tickets to any movie of our choice.

Then this past Tuesday while taking Tiffany to school, we heard about a contest on the same radio station. For this contest, you had to call in and be the correct caller number when you heard them play Simon from American Idol. I dropped her off at school and headed off to work. While on my way work I was listening to Cd's. While taking out a Cd and putting in another, I heard Simon being played. So I dialed the station number and I got through. I won a Breakfast Meet and Greet with Blake Lewis.

For those of you that don't know, Blake Lewis was the runner up from the sixth season of American Idol. He was the beat boxer.
Tiffany and I went and had a good time. There were some strange people there. Tiffany got a picture from the radio station and Blake signed it. He was tired from the travel and was talking on air for an hour before the breakfast so there was not a lot of talking. One of the lady's had him sign a tattoo on her leg and she would not put her leg down so the kids that were there couldn't get close to Blake. What a nut!
Tiffany has a friend that is a crazed fan of Blake's and she must have text Tiff about 50 times while we were there. She was soo excited and she was not even there. I had my picture autographed to this young crazy girl (Karly with a K). What a good time.

Then today on my way to get the kids from school on 98.1 I here:

Radio: who's this?
Caller: Steve Muylle
Radio: You Just won $1,000.00

My oldest wins cash! How great is that!

That has been our Radio life for the last few weeks!

10 comments:

Lisa said...

you guys are very lucky. Great job

Dawn said...

Too cool! I hadn't heard about Steve's winnings. At first my eyes read $1000000 and I about fell over. But $1000 is pretty darn awesome too!

Still super jealous of you getting to meet Blake. :P

Jill said...

Dawn, I have to admit it was cool. Tiffany wasn't sure at first, but she had a great time. She made all kinds of things with his picture on them.

Lisa, Glad to see you get your log in to work. Thanks

Dawn said...

Reading again about the crazy tattoo lady reminded me, did Blake show off his new tattoos? You're becoming the slide show queen btw. :)

Amy said...

Jill,
How great to meet Blake! He was one of my favorite! With all the luc in your family right now, you need to go and play the lotto! Great pictures!! Amy

Amy said...

Sorry...luck!:)

Jill said...

Blake did not show us his tattoo. He was so tried and rushed by his manager that he was unable to do much.

Amy it was great and I did have fun. As for the lotto, I'm sure the good luck is gone.

Julie said...

Impressive slide show. The 'star' didn't look that GREAT but we'll assume it was because he was so very tired et al. Definately moments for the family memory books. Three years and Muylle's win three times. Not too shabby!

Dawn said...

You promised me a post when I got home hoser!

You missed a good time at Hooters!

Tonto! Jump on it!!!

Jill said...

I'm waiting for pics coming soon! TODAY!!