Thursday, July 9, 2009

Ladder Ball

We when to my parents for three days. While we were there we played a game called ladder ball. My parents have had this game for a while and I've always wanted it. But you see it looks so easy to make, I can't see buying it.

So today Mike and I are were alone, Tiffany still at Grandparents, and Taylor at work. Mike and I could not sit all day and do nothing, so we decided to make ladder ball.
We did it with out one argument. (wink, wink)
We stopped at the store to see what it would cost to buy, before we went for supplies just in case it would be cheaper to buy. It was $49.99 on sale at Dunham's. It cost us, are you ready, wait for it, $37.46. However if we were to make another one it would only cost $25.

I actually think mine is sturdier then the one at the store.
I'm so proud!!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You two are just so resourceful! Great job, they look awesome!! Can't wait to play them!

Dawn said...

Great job on your project. What efficacy! We've played a few mean games of #21 with that game. Have fun.

Jill said...

Thanks ladies, sometimes I just need that little pat on the back.

sherri and Adam said...

Jill....my dad made this game about 15 years ago, and had i thought it would sell so great at the stores, we would have pattened it. He uses tennis balls though, b/c golf balls are hard....the boys LOVE playing this....we own a big one with tennis balls that he made for us, if you'd ever wanna try that.....he buys different color tennis balls and yes I do think the home made ones are more sturdy! My dad also called his fuzzy ball horse shoes (tennis balls....fuzzy!) lol

Julie said...

Very impressive.

Jill said...

Sherry I will try the tennis balls. When the little ones are playing the golf balls are like weapons.

Julie I am impressed with our team work are well as our finished project.

sherri and Adam said...

Jill, if you use the tennis balls, i think you'll need longer open areas on the game, since they are bigger. the ones my dad makes are about twice the size of those ones just an FYI